We help you get the task done efficiently by utilizing the accumulated experience of our team. Our team carefully packs your items that are bothersome or difficult for you and help you with customs clearance procedures as well.
We will safely transport your items from any point in the US to your home in Korea. Experienced Korean moving professionals are responsible for everything from direct packaging to shipping, transportation and delivery. Hi-Tek Moving provides customers with a custom Free Estimate service to help their returnees get the best package deal. We will provide you with convenient service which also includes customs clearance.
Most items such as household goods and kitchen utensils, used by customers (except associates and short-term residents) for personal or home use abroad, can be cleared without paying taxes. However, you must pay tax on taxable items, items where the quantity is over the allowed limit and new unused items.
In the case of the quasi-director, the goods used in the former residence, such as the tax exemption scope of the director, are exempt from customs clearance. Tax free only. In the case of short-term residents, even if the personal items used in the entire place of stay are exempt from the total taxable value of 1.5 million won, tax is required if the items are not personal items or used.
1) Required Tax Items
- Vessels, aircraft, automobiles (except domestic cars registered in all areas of residence)
** Automotive companies manufactured in foreign countries are subject to taxation (e.g., Hyundai, Kia, etc.)
- Jewelry, pearls, pumpkins, ivory, etc., each of which has a taxable price of more than 2 million won
- Goods that have not been used for more than 3 months (new)
** If it is unclear whether the moving goods have been used for more than 3 months before entering the country, a duty-free item such as a receipt must be presented to obtain tax exemption.
2) Limited Quantity Items
- Piano, electric organ and other musical instruments (domestic wholesale price exceeding 2 million won)
- Electro-acoustic equipment (domestic wholesale price exceeding 2 million won)
- Luxury furniture and lighting equipment (domestic wholesale price exceeding 2 million won)
- Silk-Vertical Carpets (More Than 5 Sqm)
- Shotguns (but guns, gunpowder, etc.)
- Refrigerator also freezer (more than 600 liters)
- Color television (greater than 29 inches)
- Camera and projector
- Packaged Air Regulator
- Washer and dryer
- Dishwasher and Gas Stove
- Other items that are typically limited to one (set) per household
3) Classification criteria of unused new items
- When there is no sign of refurbishment of packaging outside the factory
- When outer packaging is open but inner packaging does not show any signs of being opened
- When both inside and outside packaging are opened but there is no trace of use
- As a Korean national, a person who has lived in a foreign country for more than two years (one year or more with a family) after returning to Korea for the purpose of relocating to Korea. However, in case of returning home early due to unexpected reasons, a person who has lived for more than 1 year (6 months or more with family).
- As a Korean national (overseas permanent resident) who has a permanent resident card of another country, he or she must live in Korea for at least two years (one year or more if accompanied by a family) by setting up a residence in Korea for reasons of permanent return home or employment.
- A foreigner (including foreign citizens) who has set up a residence in Korea and resides for more than two years (one or more if accompanied by a family).
2) Associate Director
- Korean nationals (excluding overseas permanent residents) who have set up residence in a foreign country and have stayed for more than one year (6 months or more with their families) before returning to Korea.
- Foreigners (including those who obtain foreign citizenship) or permanent resident overseas, who have set up a residence in Korea for employment, etc. and stay for more than 1 year (6 months or more with family).
3) Short-term residents
- Korean nationals (excluding overseas permanent residents) who have settled in a foreign country and have returned to Japan for more than three months and less than one year.
- A foreigner or an overseas permanent resident who has settled in Korea and will stay for more than three months and less than one year.
- Residents of less than three months are classified as general travellers.
- Air cargo should be packaged in specially manufactured pallets and corrugated cardboard, rather than wooden boxes, to provide the lowest possible weight.
- Shipping freight is packed in a waterproof wooden box, or packed in a waterproof, moisture-proof wrapper and then loaded in a container.
- Each breakable cargo is packed separately.
- When packing in a carton, tap all the corners above and below.
- Carpets and carpets should be rolled up without folding and wrapped in special moisture-proof packaging.
- Furniture and appliances that are difficult to pack are also specially padded to protect the product after special packaging.
- Corrugated cardboard, wooden boxes, etc. are classified as items of care.
- From USA to Worldwide
- Europe (UK, France, Hungary, Spain, Russia, etc.)
- Southeast Asia (Japan, Thailand, Philippines, Singapore, Malaysia, etc.)
- All of China (Beijing, Shanghai, Nanjing, Shenzhen etc.)
- All areas of Canada (Vancouver, Toronto, Calgary, etc.)
- All Hawaii Areas (Tuesday, Friday)
** Commercial Freight Hawaii DOOR TO DOOR Service US Best Price Guarantee
Wherever you go in the US, HiTek Moving has you covered . Our efficient trucking network covers all of the United States with our own trucks, ensuring that your movers arrive at the right time and date.
A total service that handles everything from home to destination ensures your satisfaction. Large furniture and fragile items that are hard to move are safely transported by HiTek’s Excellent Moving Service. Please leave your car in the HiTek transportation and move comfortably. If problems occur during transportation, you are fully responsible.
- Regular routes throughout the United States
- Effective professional packaging for goods protection
- Specialty in handling large cargo (Grand piano, luxury furniture, refrigerator, etc.)
- If you want, we can pack all furniture with Carton Board.
- Free estimate consultation
- Get free quotes on HiTek Moving by phone or website. (Out-of-state directors can get a cheaper and faster service when they work with others on some schedule in advance.)
- Make a list of items to be moved and distinguish between items to be moved and items to be disposed of (the cost of moving is based on the amount of items.
- Plan where to move items and be placed in new location.
- Separate items that will be stored in the warehouse for short-term or long-term storage.